View Extended Forecast
Toledo Lucas County Public Library
325 North Michigan St.
Toledo, OH 43604
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library (TLCPL) is Ohio's fifth largest public library collection, because the main library holds 1.2 million reference materials, including books, DVDs, videos, and CDs. The library uses AuthorityWorks cataloging and uses Federated Search to sort all of this material, which is mostly Ohio and Michigan related. However, it also contains photographs, genealogical resource materials, periodicals, family histories, obituaries, court records, and archives from the Toledo Blade. There is a single floor layout with 750 thousand books resting on 95% open stacks.
Almost one million resources are checked out every year by over 500 thousand patrons, who can make use of the discussion groups, meeting rooms, and/or 400 free internet-ready computers.
The library has 18 branches: Birmingham Branch, Heatherdowns Branch, Holland Branch, Kent Branch, Lagrange Branch, Locke Branch, Maumee Branch, Mott Branch, Oregon Branch, Point Place Branch, Reynolds Corners Branch, Sanger Branch, South Branch, Sylvania Branch, Toledo Heights Branch, Washington Branch, Waterville Branch, and West Toledo Branch.
Main Library Highlights
- Several different sized meeting rooms
- Home to the Local History and Genealogy Department, featuring the Blade Rare Book Room
- Business Technology Department
- Humanities Department
- Children's Library
- Popular Library
- Audio Visual Department
- Features more then 125 public access computers with free Internet access
- 28 computers especially for children
- 15 Mini-Office Computers
- 9 computers especially for teens
- 1 handicapped equipped computer
- 300 underground parking spaces, accessible off Adams Street
Downloadable Media Collection Highlights
eBooks (on-screen text)
- Access a large collection of general fiction, mystery & science fiction.
- Search for non-fiction titles, including biography & autobiography, business & career, computer technology & self-help.
Select from fiction, classics, humor, series tiles and romance.
Children's Library Highlights (Click here for more)
22 Information Station computers with access to the Library catalog and databases, the Internet, and some pre-loaded software for elementary aged children
- 2 computers in the Toddler Room with pre-loaded software for the youngest users
- 6 Early Literacy Stations with pre-loaded software for early elementary age children
- Homework Helper to assist children in 1st-6th grade with homework, 2 days each week when school is in session.
- Unique features include the original vitrolite glass murals, 3-dimensional displays based on popular children’s books, and the Robert L. and Posy Huebner Children’s Illustration collection.
Explore the Art of Living (site for those 50+)
- Toledo Symphony
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library
- Metroparks of the Toledo Area
- TARTA Transportation
- Toledo Museum of Art
- University of Toledo
- Owens Community College
- Toledo Choose Local
- Toledo Botanical Garden
- Toledo Zoo
- Bowling Green State University
- Toledo Repertoire Theatre
- Toledo Opera
- Arts Commission of Greater Toledo
- Stranahan Theater
- Toledo Mud Hens
- Westfield Franklin Park Mall
- The Shops at Levis Commons
- Lourdes College
- Cedar Point
- Toledo Farmer's Market