Chance of thunderstorms
View Extended Forecast
THE GREAT PARK SEARCH 2014 HAS CONCLUDED. Thank you for participating. See you next summer!
The GREAT PARK SEARCH 2014, or GPS, begins on June 2nd, 2014 in the Metroparks.
The park system and its partners are sending you on a summer adventure to discover new parks, have fun and win prizes. Good luck, and have fun discovering new Metroparks this summer.
Pick a park for this week's clues or to enter your codeword:
You Can Win
Weekly Winners: Each week, one lucky winner will be selected in a raffle drawing from correct entries to receive a $100 Bass Pro Shops gift card.
Grand Prize: A grand prize drawing will be held at the completion of the contest and one participant will win a $1,000 Bass Pro Shops gift card.
Prize Sponsor: Bass Pro Shops
Here’s how it works:
- Each week starting June 2nd, a new set of clues will be posted on a website. Nine clues will lead you to secret locations in nine parks. There will be a new set of clues posted every week for nine weeks. New clues will be posted each Monday by 10am.
- Follow the clues (or use the GPS numbers provided if you prefer) to find as many secret locations as you can.
- When you reach each location, you will find a codeword. Look for the Great Park Search logo on a sign; the codeword will be displayed below. Then, simply go back to the website where you got the clue and enter the codeword for that park.
- The next week, the contest starts over with new secret locations and another chance to win.
- Each time you enter a correct codeword, you will be entered in a drawing. One winner will be drawn each week. That’s nine chances to win each week for nine weeks. Plus, every entry will be automatically placed in a drawing for a grand prize at the end of the contest in August.
No purchase necessary. Must be 18 or older to enter. Employees of Metroparks, contest sponsors and media partners, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received on the Monday following the contest week. Contest week is defined as each Monday through Sunday period during the specified dates. Winners will be contacted the day of the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by phone and/or via e-mail and have one week to respond. If there is no response within a week, another name will be drawn from that week’s entries.
That’s it! See you in the parks!
- Toledo Symphony
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library
- Metroparks of the Toledo Area
- TARTA Transportation
- Toledo Museum of Art
- University of Toledo
- Owens Community College
- Toledo Choose Local
- Toledo Botanical Garden
- Toledo Zoo
- Bowling Green State University
- Toledo Repertoire Theatre
- Toledo Opera
- Arts Commission of Greater Toledo
- Stranahan Theater
- Toledo Mud Hens
- Westfield Franklin Park Mall
- The Shops at Levis Commons
- Lourdes College
- Cedar Point
- Toledo Farmer's Market