Chance of showers
View Extended Forecast
Walker Funeral Homes - Toledo Ohio
Unique services, celebrating unique lives.
In 1933, Alvin W. Walker, after working for a number of years at the former Zanley & Schramm Mortuary in North Toledo, established his own funeral home. The Alvin W. Walker Mortuary was located in the heart of the west side of the growing Toledo community at 2749 Monroe Street between Lawrence and Bancroft Streets. Al served the city well, becoming involved in numerous organizations and this orginal Toledo Ohio area funeral home became the choice for many Toledo families who had faced a loss.
The Walker Promise:
Our staff will be courteous, professional and sympathetic. Our facilities will be welcomng, clean and comfortable. Our services will be affordable, exceptional and respectful. We will meet or exceed your expectations. We are confident that you will be completely satisfied with our professional services and facilities. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with any service we provided, we welcome your comments and we will make it right. or we will not charge you for that service.
Today's Walker Family Funeral Homes now comprises these five funeral homes. Each home has its own full time staff as well as part time staffs that are locals to each community and are very involved in serving their cities and towns at the funeral home and also in their respective community groups and organizations. Walker Family Funeral Homes is proud to be a third generation family owned and operated and continue a proud tradition of funeral service.
What is the purpose of a funeral? Funerals fill an important role for those mourning the loss of a loved one. By providing surviving family members and friends a caring, supportive environment in which to share thoughts and feelings about the death, funerals are the first step in the healing process. The ritual of attending a funeral service provides many benefits including:
- Providing a social support system for the bereaved
- Helping the bereaved understand death is final and that death is part of life
- Integrating the bereaved back into the community
- Easing the transition to a new life after the death of a loved one
- Providing a safe haven for embracing and expressing pain
- Reaffirming one's relationship with the person who died
- Providing a time to say good-bye
It is possible to have a full funeral service even for those choosing cremation. The importance of the ritual is in providing a social gathering to help the bereaved begin the healing process.
- Toledo Symphony
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library
- Metroparks of the Toledo Area
- TARTA Transportation
- Toledo Museum of Art
- University of Toledo
- Owens Community College
- Toledo Choose Local
- Toledo Botanical Garden
- Toledo Zoo
- Bowling Green State University
- Toledo Repertoire Theatre
- Toledo Opera
- Arts Commission of Greater Toledo
- Stranahan Theater
- Toledo Mud Hens
- Westfield Franklin Park Mall
- The Shops at Levis Commons
- Lourdes College
- Cedar Point
- Toledo Farmer's Market